Happy New Year!!! On January 1, I was super excited to count how many books I read in 2021, 70 to be exact, 8 more than 2020. I am surprised that I read that much as I felt I haven’t been consistently reading the last two months. Reading is such a big part of my life and selfceare. It allows me to pause, immerse myself into a completely new world, learn new things, and relate to my own life.
2022 will be another reading year, here’s the stack of books to be read 🙂
I had many 5 star books in 2021 but the most memorable ones are the following ones. Looking at this makes me realize that I enjoy non-fiction much more than fiction.
Also, here are the books that I had high hope based on others’ review but actually didn’t like that much.
On January 1, we celebrate the start of 2022 with friends. Originally we wanted to host as they host much more than we did in the past. But since we just got back from trip the day before and buying groceries could be tricky on New Year Eve, so they offered to host hot pot for lunch. Perfect. the left side is mainly for the meat eaters and the right side is mainly for me minus the sushi that is for the kids.
What a fun lunch and we all enjoyed the food (very hot) and the chat. We will miss this family when we leave Manila.
Before setting 2022 goals, I reviewed my 2021 goal list.
- Mediate daily – probably 80% of the time.
- Write down gratitude daily –90%
- IF 16 hrs – did not follow through as I prefer intuition IF. Probably 14-16 most of the days.
- No phone/work 5:30/6-8pm- FAILED
- Call my mom at least once a week – CHECK
- Read 1 classic per month – FAILED
- Read 1 work-related topic per quarter – CHECK
- Learn to write better – CHECK
- Read 60+ books – CHECK
- Family golfing outing once a month -FAILED due to COVID
- Try 2 new recipes a week – SOME
- Date outing once a month -SOME
Overall I am happy with reaching most of the goals, even half way. They were meant to be intentions, not to do lists.
For 2022, I will set goals in 4 areas:
Will share these in the following days. 😀