We had a fantastic Sunday, moments of joy filled our day and I was a proud mama!!!
After my morning run with a colleague, girls’ homework, we went out to try Sofia’s bicycle. I spent the morning telling her that she needs to be prepare to FALL A LOT as that was my experience when I learned how to bike in my teens. So she geared up and we went down. I didn’t even know how to teach her so asked husband to try while I followed them on the back with Lizzy. THEN, magic happened! SOFIA started biking!!!!
WOOOO!!! How is it possible that she just knew???? The first few times she didn’t know how to stop nor how to start, but she knew how to bike from the start! And 20 min later with some tips on start and stop, she was biking all by her own!!! I was taking videos and almost cried seeing my girl doing soooo well! At that moment, I thought SOFIA is better than me and I’m soooo happy about it.
after an hour it was noon and the sun was hot so we went home. I prepared lunch. What did i make? BURGER! Vegan burger
and look at the end result: double burger with friends with harissa avocado sauce
perfect moisture, tasty, meaty but without meat
Sofia had one burger with cheese and mayo-mustard. She LOVED IT!!!
Lizzy had chicken nugget with fries and coconut
Perfect Vegan burger
- 2-3 cup of brown lentils cooked in instant pot with salt, pepper and bay leaves for 10 min
- 2 flax egg
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup panko
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix everything in a food processor until coarse
- Put in the fridge for 1 hr
- Form patty and fry in a griller for 5-7 min each side
Harissa avocado sauce
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of half lemon
- few tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tb harissa paste
I felt so accomplished!!! Afternoon was spent napping, break baking, reading, and more bicycle time with Sofia.
I have found the perfect recipe for whole wheat bread!
- 2 cup warm water
- 2 tb honey
- 2 tsp yeast
- 3.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- mix water with honey and yeast
- add flour and salt
- mix with a spoon for 1-2 min
- cover the bowl in a plastic bag and rest for 90 min
- mix the dough for 1 mix to deflate, cover and rest for 90 min
- take out the dough and put in a baking pan and rest for 45 min
- bake at 175C for 40 min
- cool down completely before slide
The end result is a soft sandwich bread that even my girls love.
my Sunday to-do list accomplished
- 8-10 miles run with a colleague: did 10 miles
- Trying out bicycle with Sofia: DONE
- NO WORK: DONE
- Take a nap: nap for 30 min
- Finish Normal People: DONE
- Bake bread: DONE