- Afternoon nap: napping during the week sounds luxurious but it feels so good.
- A good book: finished Essentialism yesterday and really enjoyed it. I consider myself very good prioritising but the book reminds me to also feel guilty free when I don’t want to many things that other things I should do; whenever a new opportunity comes ask the question: is this essential? does it add to my goal in life? if not, drop it and move on and not feel guilty about it.
Okay, we have a final decision about the moving to China situation. We are staying! My husband’s boss finally called him (after 1 week of consultation) that the company prefers him to stay. I kind of guess this would be the outcome and honestly I think it probably is the best for us. The move would make sense if we know this is our last year in Manila, so we don’t have to move back and re-rent the house. Given that this is not certain at the moment, maybe I get extended beyond 4 years, then probably it’s better just to stay and find alternative solutions for the kids if they continue distance learning. We are comfortable here, the house is big enough for everyone to have space, the amazing pool, I can go out and run, we have help at home, my friends are all here, and staying here does make me more effective at work and I know my boss prefers this too (although he also understand family situation). Now, I just need to focus on better the best of our life here 🙂
After a busy and overwhelming Monday, Tuesday was much better. I accidentally did a long run (9 miles) just because I felt strong and wanted to keep going, took a bath, wrote down my essential to-do list, finished them all in the morning, took a nap and read in the afternoon, and finally went out for a walk with Sofia to buy snacks.
I made a new recipe to continue with the pantry challenge (item used: red lentils and canned coconut milk)
The lentil curry was so easy to make but so yummy
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic minced
- minced ginger
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 2 cups of water
- thai red curry past (2-3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 block of tofu added at the end
- salt as needed
I used instant pot and basically dumped everything in (except tofu) and cook for 12 min, then added tofu and voila.
I had it with a steamed sweet potato
Photo above was taken in San Sebastian last year. Missing beach time.