I am getting used to wake up and can see clearly sunrise. It is wonderful 🙂
I had my second follow up and everything looks good. My vision improved compared to last Saturday. One more follow up this Friday and I am good to go home.
I was reflecting that this is the second time I am being a guest to someone else’s home. The first time was when I went to Germany and stayed with my BFF. This second time is with a friend that I wouldn’t say it’s my BFF. I didn’t give too much of a thought before coming but once here, I try to do the following:
- Adapt to the habit of the host. For instance, she leaves the window open when leaving the house so there’s ventilation. So I do the same.
- Appreciate what host offers. This is related to food. I have particular preference on food but I happily eat whatever she offers me and be grateful about it.
- Contribute without imposing. I don’t buy things because I like them, I buy things that she has already at home but ran out. Again, this is to respect habit of the host.
- Help when I can. I offer to wash dishes if she cooks dinner, so it feels like team work and I am not just the guest.
- Let her know my plans. While we don’t need to check with each other about our daily plans, I let her know when I expect to come home.
Have you been someone’s guest? What do you do to be an easy guest?