It’s Thursday in Manila and don’t know where the time went. So let’s do a mini recap and some reflections.
- Lizzy had a dentist appointment that lasted almost two hours. It was excruciating for me to listen to her scream and cry. Honestly, every time I come I complain to husband that I don’t want to be here listening to this, my heart is breaking and he should be here instead. Yet, next time appointment time comes, I want to be there for Lizzy and be the first one to hug her and comfort her. When she came out, her lips were swollen, there was mark on her face from the devise that gives her “laughing gas”. She was joyful and proud of her self. Yet, I was devastated. On the way home, I reminded myself how lucky I am to have a healthy baby, that her pain is just temporary. At home, while they had dinner, I told them how lucky we are to even can afford medical care, that poor kids cannot even go to dentist when they have tooth ache. I shocked me that still at 40 yrs old mom of 9 and 5.5 girls, I am still so much affected by witnessing their temporary pain.
- I tried jogging this week. Today is the 3rd day. I go slow, jog for 1 mile, walk a bit, jog for another mile and stop. I run like a turtle but I’m so happy to be back jogging. So far all good! Tomorrow I’ll do a stress eco test, basically run at a treadmill and do a heart echo right after to see if all good with my heart under exercise stress. Hopefully nothing to be found. 😀
- Both girls are going to school next week for orientation. Sofia for 2 hrs on Monday and Lizzy for 4 hrs on Thursday. They are both super excited and I really hope the hybrid learning starts the following week. In fact, the whole morning class today will be about hybrid learning. Is this the start of back to normal life?
- How do I feel about lying or omitting facts? As I mentioned, I can’t tell others who I went to el Nido with. So when I got texts from colleagues when I was there, I really felt bad for omitting/lying about our trip. Because our girls play with my colleague friends, if any of them asked my girls, they’ll probably answer truthfully unless I tell them to lie, which I don’t want to. I am still debating how to tell the girls to tell white lies. Any suggestion?
- Gift shopping: I am procrastinating it. Husband birthday is in 1 month and I have no clue what to get him yet. Although we will be out during Christmas on a trip, I still want to give them the experience of Santa when we come back. Need to get it started.
missing the beach already 😦