I had four goals last week.
- DO NOT CHECK EMAIL BEFORE 8AM: To separate work and life when WFH, I wanted to check out completely from work when it’s no working hours. I am usually good in the evening but in the mornings, if I wake up at 3am, I’d check email which often put clutter to my mind too early. Or I’d check email when I finish my run, again mentally starting to work before actual working hours. So last week, I wanted to NOT do that. Happy to say that I fully accomplished it. I did not checked email until I am showered, ate breakfast and done planning my day with the journal. I might add few work tasks once I open my inbox. It wasn’t easy, many mornings I wanted to check email especially when I was waiting for a response for some urgent task. But I resisted the urge.
- MEDITATE: I did meditate every day for at least 5 min a day using the Simple Habit. So far so good.
- BE MINDFUL: continuing with the theme of this month, I continued to practice mindfulness focusing what I do in the moment. Still work in progress.
- USE PHONE ONLY FOR COMMUNICATION: this means minimise social media, email and safari. I did overall I did well in this front as I am tracking daily usage of FB, INST, safari, youtube, email.
Other things that I did (probably inspired by these):
- Start working early: I didn’t have a start of the work hour but checked email constantly, so it feels I’m working all the time. Last week, I didn’t take morning baths and started work around 8:30am and no social media when working. I was more focused and tackled hard work more efficiently.
- Crafting after work: I started doing maybe 15 to 30 min crafting after I am done with work before starting the evening. This separates working hours from life, and let my mind to unwind.
- Social media & declutter: I did check on social media every evening for less than 20 min, while I go through them, I’d unfollow quite a few to declutter.
- Weekend routine: bath time and unlimited social media. It feels more indulgent but actually I spend less than 30 min on it anyway.
I tried these and found they are feasible and conducive for being mindful, will continue for the rest of the month.
Sofia’s weekly review:
Now back to our Sunday.
joining our running group virtual Sunday run with 8.88 miles
Morning workbook + crafting
Chocolate cookie making
ending with angry bird! 🙂