I feel like under the water…. Trying to keep afloat but keep falling back below the surface. The feeling of being overwhelmed is real but is it? So let’s do an objective review of my Tuesday which is typical since we moved to Jakarta.
5am I got up in the silent to start my day, reading blogs while letting my mind to wake up slowly
5:40am I went out for my morning run. My goal was 4-5 miles and ended up doing 5.2 miles averaging 9:10min/mile. Not sure if it’s the cooler weather or my urge to run faster to release anxiety, but I’ve been running faster since we arrived.
6:45am got home and found the girls having breakfast. I packed their lunch and they headed out the door 7:05am. I put the rice cooker on to cook steel cut oats for my breakfast.
7:10-7:45 gym. Did 30 min full body workout.
7:50-8:10 showered and got ready. Finished cooking my food, add pumpkin, bok choy, tofu to my oats and to the tapper wear.
8:25-8:40 to office while checking emails. I could have walked instead but having a rented car with driver and not using it feels wasteful.
8:40-8:50 plan my day in the journal, mainly about my must to do list from weekly to do list.
8:50-10 tackle first big to do list with Friday deadline.
10-11:20 team meeting.
11:20-30 eat late breakfast and made a coffee
11:30-14 continued working
15-15:20 eat leftover oat and an orange. Usually I have work lunch with people in the office but having two deadlines this Friday made me wanting to do as much as I can.
17:15-17:25 walk back home.
17:45-18:30 dinner time with the family
18:30-19 went down to buy girls breakfast as hubby forgot.
19-19:40 reading time with the girls in the room. Hug and they went to their rooms. Wednesday is morning running day for Sofia so she wanted to go earlier to bed (8pm is our usual time).
20:00 I turned the light off and fell asleep quickly.
Looking at this I think my day went normal. I didn’t work overtime, I exercised, I spent time with the family, I even read for a while. Few things that might have made it less overwhelmed:
– eat breakfast at home instead of office while thinking about work
– have a lunch break instead of work through it and only ate when starving
– meditate even if it’s 5 min
– not coming home with a grumpy kid. Sofia didn’t get to go to buy Halloween costume so she was negative and upset all through dinner. That made me mad at her. I worked my ass off during the day and rushed home to be with their for dinner, and she was negative whatever I said, so not helpful to transition to a calming evening. But again, kid is being kid, I should not have expected her to be soothing me.
On the positive side:
– Lizzy is healthy and happy and hilarious with her new costume.
– Lizzy did her piano trial out with a teacher and liked her.
– Our dining table will arrive tomorrow!!!
– Planned a Sunday meet up with someone who also just moved, cousin of my high street classmate. Such a small world.