It was holidays in the Philippines but i had to work most of the day while the kids had play dates, so overall a productive day for all. Today i want to recap my experience with bullet journaling so far.
I started bullet journal on August 9 and consistently journal every day throughout August. I am really enjoying it.
Things that I like:
– Start the day in a positive mindset as I am in control of my day.
– It forces me to prioritise essential tasks that need to be completed and be realistic about how long each will take.
– It reminds me of habits I want to start/keep.
– It keeps me accountable and reinforce good progress and correct not-so-good ones.
– It keeps a record of how I spend my days and find pattens of what makes a good or bad day.
– It makes me feel more organised and not overwhelmed by all things that I need to do regardless of how big or small they are, which if not sorted them out, they add equal amount of stress.
My current system. Things that I track
Important days for the rest of 2020, I write them as I remember them, not necessarily chronologically
Things I want to do
Tracking books read and assigned ratings (1 to 5)
Monthly mood and sleep trackers (I discovered that I function well with 7 hrs)
Monthly goals and habits to track (for September)
Weekly spread (forgot to include August 31 as it’s a holiday)
Daily entries include:
- Habits to track
- Steps/Scree time/Worked hours
- Work tasks (limiting to 3-5 max)
- Family tasks (adding only after work tasks are decided)
- Highlight or quote of the day
I am pretty minimalist and track only things that help me to get organised and brings me joy. I am sure I’ll change things as I get more used to it to find an optimal system, but so far I like this, A LOT!
Okay.. back to work… a pretty hectic day 🙂