I’m so excited to find out new insights about my health. Last year I got the oura ring and I love to learn about factors affecting my sleep quality. Recently I learned about CGM and was intrigued. After some research, i decided to give it a try. I got it because my latest blood test showed higher glucose level (102) than previous years (80s). I wonder if the COVID changed something in my metabolism or if it’s just part of the ageing process. Since my dad’s family has history of type 2 diabetes, I guess I’m more prone to it.
I signed up with Levels for 28 days. The devise is easy to apply and painless. Right after I started. My glucose was close to 100 and I haven’t eaten anything. 😦 oh well… i guess the blood test was accurate. The first day experience gave me the following insights:
- my fasting glucose was around 100. borderline pre-diabetes.
- my breakfast and lunch didn’t spike it much. For breakfast i had roasted pumpkin with peanut butter. Lunch I had vegetables and chicken.
- my glucose level went down to 60s after 4 hrs from lunch.
- my dinner increased my blood sugar for 38 ppts, egg + veggie dumplings, and stayed there until I went to sleep. I got a score of 4/10 of that meal.
- glucose level fluctuated while I sleep and didn’t come down below 80 (surprising)
My plan is to do/eat what I normally would do and see what happen during the first week, and then test things/food in the following weeks. Here is a list of test I want to conduct
Food to try:
- oatmeal (instant vs. rolled oats vs. oatbran)
- fruits: watermelon, apple, banana, grapes, berries
- bread (white vs. whole wheat)
- rice (white and brown)
- white potato
- sweet potato
- fish/ shrimp/ chicken/egg/beef
- mug cake with coconut/almond flour
- sweets (cookie, cake, ice cream)
- carb & protein & fat combo
- sleep quality
- eat closer to sleep
- cardio vs. strength workout
- eating pace
- walk after meal
So EXCITED!!! 😆