It is this time of the year again. Although I don’t follow through all of these nor did concrete plans/actions/steps toward achieving these in 2022, I am determined to make 2023 the year that I keep track of these.
The whole of thinking about bigger goals, reviewing first thought goals, streamlining them, differentiating goals vs. tasks, is a useful process by its own. I’ve started to write them down a week ago, and finally happy with it.
2023 intention: BALANCE. I can summarize all my struggles as two conflicting forces. I want short term indulgence and I want long term wellness. I want to run faster and I want to run longer. I want to spend more time alone but I am afraid of not spending enough time with the family. I want to progress at work but I don’t want to do things just because I want to progress, but rather things that I believe thing that will make a difference. The list goes on. What I realize is that what I need to seek instead is a balancing act. It is not easy but that might be the truth path for peace. So for each area of my goals, I’ll try to find the balance.
- Phone off after 6pm during the week, and on Do Not Disturb mode on weekends.
- Learn other techniques to manage stress
- Meditate 20 min most of days
- Read more with a good balance of nonfiction and fiction.
- Sub 4 Marathon
- 2-3 strength training per week and yoga Pilates in other days
- Eat real food, mostly plant.
- 1:1 date with kids and hubby, ideally once a month per person.
- Try 2 new restaurants per month
- Try 4 new recipes per month
- Watch new movies or shows once a week
- Listen new albums every month
- Yoga meditation retreat
- Hiking trips with Sofia
- Read a book with Sofia
- Run a local race with the girls
- Stress management
- Bone health
- Gut health
To organize these goals and make concrete steps, I’ll follow Sarah’s nested methods. I already ordered Hobonichi’s cousins, weekly, and 5 years journals to start the structured planning journey. During the pandemic, I used mostly bullet journal as it’s hard to make plans. But now that things are more predictable, I want the planner to serve a reminder of my plans, goals, and important events, as well as a memory stock taking. I’ve gone through BLP show notes and episodes during my holiday, I’d say I’ve listened 60% of all episodes by now. I have a plan! 🙂 Looking forward to get the journals soon and start the fun!