I decided to rest on Friday as I had a dinner meeting.
- Four runs in a row left me tired. Ideally I like to run by myself on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday. On Wednesday and Friday, I jog with Lizzy which is not run. But as Lizzy got sick, I run with Sofia. It’s great that she’s running consistently now and never argue, but my legs were pretty sore.
- My dry eyes symptoms is slowly improving YAY! The acupuncture and Chinese herb seems helping. I still need to apply drops often but I don’t feel dryness pain as often as before. This leaves me super happy! I realized how much of my work and daily tasks involves screens, so having dry eyes and sensitive to light prevents me doing my work/life properly.
- I have been hungrier than usual the last two days, which seems to occur every month mid-cycle. I really enjoyed my early lunch yesterday. Cauliflower rice stir fry with crispy tofu, definitely will have more of it next week. When I like something, I want to eat it everyday until I am sick of it. hahaha….
4. I splurged on Alo Yoga, triggered by their annual sale. I love lulu lemons but it seems that Alo takes it to the next level? I’m intrigued to try them. Buying workout clothes is something that I don’t feel guilty about despite being expensive because I use them everyday!!!
5. Dinner with “friends” went so well. They are technically people I know from work, one of them my boss, but after working closely 5 years together, we’ve built trust and like each other a lot. In my life stage, it is hard to have friends who are not work related because outside of work, I dedicate 100% to my family and myself, so when am I suppose to meet “new friends”? Not that I feel needing it, it’s just a realization that realistically I can only have friends from work. Key elements of friendship are frequent interaction, shared interest, and mutual admiration/respect/likeness. The negative part of it is when we move on, when frequent interaction stops, our friendship is expected to die down gradually too. It’s a bit sad to think about it but that seems to be natural course.